About us






On July 5th, 1939, Elizabeth Durrant and Heber Russell Thornock were married! Little did they know how their posterity would grow! They had 12 children: (not in this order!)
Connabeth, Steve, Mark, Larry, Joan, Linda, Vonnie, Kathy, Earl, Beverly, Jeff, and Anita
And we are the children of these 12 wonderful people! Feel free to check out our pictures, family blogsites and news updates!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Omans, Gassers and Lidtkas!

Karen Lidtka

It is sometimes hard for me to remember that you all are my cousins and not my nieces and nephews. I grew up with most of your parents almost like they were my brothers and sisters instead of my aunts and uncles and I have kids not much younger than most of you and older than many of you. But I wanted to give you some info on us. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to just e-mail Angie and let her put it on the website, or if I was supposed to go directly to the web site. Since none of my kids are here to show me how to do that, I will just send it to Angie and hope she gets in on the website.

Our family is doing great. We are almost down to only 2 left at home and that is strange.

Kevin is almost 25. He is still at home. As most of you know he was married a couple of years ago and then divorced a year later. It was a sad and frustrating time for him, but it has been good it happened when it did. He will finish with school in 2 weeks and has been offered a really good job with a surveying company close by. He is excited to move out on his own and get his independence back. He has been dating a really sweet girl so we will see what happens there. I have been very proud of how he has kept his chin up the last year through some difficult times. He bought himself a dirt bike for graduation and he goes dirt biking with friends most Saturdays and really enjoys that time of relaxation. I have to say that as he tells me about his jumps and climbs it doesn’t sound too relaxing to me.

Keri is 23. She is still living on her own and working as a nail technician at a spa down the road from us. She does a really good job. She also does some catering for a company which takes a lot of her evenings. She would like to find a 9 to 5 job with no weekends and with benefits so that she doesn’t feel like she has to work the 2nd job, but for right now that is the only way to pay the bills. She is a really a fun young woman and we have a lot of fun together.

Lisa just turned 20. She is rooming with Keri and unbelievably the two of them get along great. They have become really good friends. Lisa still works for a dentist here close as a Dental Assistant. She loves the work, but there are no benefits, and that is killing her. So she also has been looking to find a job where she can get benefits. She has 4 years of experience as a dental assistant, but because she didn’t go to school and get the certificate, it has been hard for her to find something. She is thinking of just going and bypassing the course and taking the test to get her certificate.

Michael is 17. He is very antsy about finishing his Sr. year next year and being finished with High School. He is already getting quite trunky. He would eventually like to get into some kind of Multi Media course or Computer Design or something. He works at a pizza place right next to Keri’s work and enjoys that. He loves to skateboard and bike and loves to spend time with his neighborhood friends.

Sarah just turned 14. She is my involved one who wants to do it all. She loves all sports but especially Fast Pitch and basketball. She has played on the Fast pitch team and basketball team at her middle school and is now on a select fast pitch team which she is hoping will get her more prepared for trying out in high school next year. She is in a clogging class and loves that and she also takes piano lessons. She does leadership at her middle school and has a lot of fun with that. She pretty much has mapped out her life. She wants to do running start her Jr. year of High School and start going to a community college so that she has a lot of credits behind her before starting at BYU Provo. Then she wants to transfer to BYU Hawaii for at least a year. She wants to go into nursing. And she still says she wants to go on a mission and she will be going to China. So we will see how much of her life turns out the way she wants. She is a pretty determined young lady, so who knows. She can do anything she sets her mind to. All except where she goes on a mission. But who knows.

Chuck and I pretty much just go day to day helping the kids and getting them where they need to be and doing our church callings and work and all in all staying busy. Chuck just finished a huge project at the Boeing Company that he was the lead of for the last 2 ½ years and we are glad to have him home a little more with a little more time on his hands. He is excited to get into real estate investing and has been studying up on that. I am in charge of the Enrichment meetings for Relief Society and I am also the Ward Camp Director for Girls Camp. I work from home as an Administrative Assistant for a Regional Director of a Pharmaceutical Company and I really enjoy doing that. Chuck and I are also going to be Ma and Pa’s on the Trek for our Youth Conference this summer. So we have lots going on this summer. But we have some fun camping trips planned as well as hopefully another trip to Disneyland, so it should be a good summer.

Well, hopefully this updates you on my family. Angie, I hope it isn’t a big deal for you to put this on the website. I need to take the time to figure out how to get on that site and put some pictures and things on. Well, I think it is great that Angie has gotten this going. I really think we need to have a Thornock reunion again one of these summers. Take care everyone.

Karen Lidtka (Hendricks)



Sam and Anna Oman

Well, the Sam and Anna Oman's have been busy the past few months. We had Jessica Marie join our family on March 27th and we blessed her on May 6th.

We also just bought a minivan (I know we don't really need one, but it was a deal we could NOT pass up). Anyway, so we are now owners of a 2004 Honda Odessey, we just love it!!

Melissa is now 21 months and is as oppinionated as ever!!! She is adorable and just loves to be with her Dad. Jessica is still sleeping most of the time and is smiling and cooing at us. We just love having her. Melissa loves her sister (sometimes too much) and loves to tell us when Jessica wants something.

Sam has now experienced his first ankle sprain, and it was pretty bad!! His ankle was so big and ugly colors, but he has survived, although he doesn't want to experience that again.

Anna is doing fine, trying to keep up with everything. I had a great mothers day- Sam did everything for us, it was a nice break!!!

We are just loving our home and our ward.
That is it for us. See ya


Curtis Gasser

Here's what's going on in the Curtis & Carolyn Gasser household:We are now a happy family of four. Audrey is two years old and Megan is nearing four months. They're both very sweet little girls. Carolyn and I are doing well. We're preparing to move to New Hampshire later this summer, and I'll start business school in September. It would be great to see everyone before we leave! If you ever get a hankering to see more of what we're up to lately, feel free to visit our blog: www.gasserfamily.blogspot.com.Curtis

4 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

Sam, are you serious! That can't be your first ankle sprain ever. Can it?

Nathan and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan and Emily said...

Amen, with all the times that you've played basketball with Kenny, he's never undercut you and twisted your ankle?

Sam said...

Really, this was my first sprained ankle.